Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 2010

Thank you for praying for Kenya! So far everything has been appeared peaceful.

Thank you for praying us through the year in the dorm! We have had a GREAT year in the dorm and are looking forward to staying put for another 2 years in this same dorm. We had a wonderful group of guys this past year and are praying for another solid group of guys. We will be keeping last year’s freshman as they move on to their sophomore year, and will get a new group of freshman. There are only 6 returning guys, and they are solid boys. We are challenging them to step up and be leaders in the dorm, setting a good example of being servant leaders and modeling respect in the dorm.

On the home front, our kids are doing great! Moira is now a 1st grader, and I am still struggling to believe it. She is flourishing in school, and loves learning, and spending time with friends! Kelly will be joining a mom lead preschool group this year. That means, I, Faith get to take my turn and teach for about one month this year. I feel somewhat more confident since I’ve done it once with Moira, but it for sure is not within my “comfort zone”. Ethan is pure boy and brings us a lot of joy. He still does not use many words, but does a good job in communicating none the less. He recently has shown interest in potty training, so we decided to bite the bullet and put him into undies. YIKES! Reece decided this past week to graduate from army crawling to “normal” crawling and in the process greatly increased how quickly she can get into trouble. I have found myself having to look at my house with new eyes as to what she can get in to. She is also cutting her first tooth. She has a very pleasant personality, and is fun to watch discover things for the first time.

According to the orthopedic doctor, Rodney has torn both his ACL and MCL in his right knee. He is planning to have an MRI done on Friday letting us know the extent of the damage. If surgery really is necessary we should be able to have it done right here in Kijabe. Please be praying for this! Rodney is not so good at laying low, pray that he will take it easy and let it heal well.

I, Faith, am wondering if I need to join the “new movement” and start blogging. Would you enjoy having this to look at, and those of you that blog already, is this a do-able thing to stay on top of? (Keeping in mind of course that I am mom to 4 kids ages 6 and under.=))

2 comments:

  1. We love your blog. My first comment didn't stick so will try again. I enjoy seeing your pictures! Proud of you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is a great things! I will post something once or twice a month. I wouldn't do it everyday. But then its up to you how often you want to keep people posted. You can also share your posts on Facebook if you face book.
    Have you checked out ours yet? wellsafricanjourney.blogspot.com

    I also blog at night when kids are sleeping.

    Hope you all continue to do well. We will be praying for Rodney.

    ReplyDelete